South African Mohair Grower’s Association
The South African Mohair Growers’ Association (SAMGA) is the producer organization that supports and lobbies for Angora Goat farmers.
SAMGA is responsible for promoting the production of mohair, and general farming of Angora Goats, whilst continuously negotiating with government and non-government organizations about issues at producer level.
FARM WITH ANGORA GOATS?
Regular income - supporting cash flow
Industry stabilization support structures for farmers
Excellent grazing utilization & stocking rate
Mohair - speciality fibre utilized globally
MOHAIR GROWERS LATEST NEWS (for all news click here)
- Pasteurella- More cases of pasteurella (pneumonia) as expected this time of the year . See the darker consolidated ventral lobes of the lung in the photo. this goat was also in excellent condition (fat around heart). For more info on Pasteurella see our website3 weeks agoView post on Facebook
- Brown Stomach Worm. 3 more farms badly effected with deaths and clinical cases and Post Mortems just in one day - today. On one farm we sampled 3 groups of goats effected.See Graph. Green (clinically healthy) Blue (sick, weak goats) Red (very sick goats). It is interesting to compare the blood...1 month agoView post on Facebook
- Farmers: Brown stomach worm counts have increased over the last 2 weeks. 1 farm has lost 50 kids from Brown stomach worm and its complications- on pastures. For info on Brown Stomach Worm see articles. and1 month agoView post on Facebook
- Dis skeertyd! Kyk hoe lekker speel klein Anja de Klerk in die sybokhaar!2 months agoView post on Facebook
- Kyk volgende Dinsdagaand om 20h00 op KykNet (kanaal 144) Megaboer, Barries Snijman met sy Angora boerdery in die Karoo.2 months agoView post on Facebook
- Ons is op soek na nog bokhaarstensil uit metaal. Sou u dalk eniges hêwat rondlê, gee dit asb. af by die Mohair Headquarters in Fordyceweg 127 of stuur ons 'n boodskap. We are looking for more metal stencil for the Mohair Headquarters, please? If you have any lying around, please be so kind as to...2 months agoView post on Facebook